• Help to develop and lead legislative strategy on American Rivers’ policy agenda as part of American Rivers’ Policy and Government Relations team
• Work with American Rivers staff leads on these issue areas as appropriate: floodplain restoration, dam removal, clean water, hydropower reform, river protection and federal regulatory actions.
• Cultivate relationships with key Congressional and Administration staff
• Attend hearings, represent American Rivers at relevant conservation community meetings
• Lead coalition meetings and strategy both internally and with external partners
• Develop strategy for administrative changes, prepare materials, and attend agency meetings including but not limited to the White House, Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, and Federal Emergency Management Agency
• Create and implement communications strategies for advocacy campaigns
• Write fact sheets, talking points, press releases, blog posts, and other outreach materials
• Support grant writing and fundraising efforts
• Manage Congressional sign-on letters and Congressional database
• Manage quarterly and semi-annual lobbying disclosure reporting requirements
• Other duties as may be assigned
Your application was submitted successfully.